Sorry for not getting back about the swap sooner, but work keeps getting in the way. Okay, so I guess there's interest in the swap - so let's do it! Please read the following carefully before you decide to sign up.
CORALINE MYSTERY BOX SWAP - SIGN UP DETAILS AND RULES:
- Sign up begins Monday February 16 - Noon (Hawaii time)
- Sign ups will be by email only, no comment sign ups, email address for sign ups to be provided on the 16th.
- Limited to only 50 participants. Sign ups will close once I get 50 eligible participants.
- You must have a blog to participate (Sorry but myspace and/or facebook accounts are not eligible).
- You will only send one box and you will be responsible for all shipping costs.
- You must be willing to ship by airmail and possibly airmail internationally.
- You will not be receiving a box from the same person you are sending a box to. And you will not know who you will receive a box from.
- You must take 3-4 photos of the box you receive and add it to a flickr group for the swap. This is important as it helps me keep track of the boxes that were sent and we get to see all the boxes in one place.
- You must be contactable by email.
- Participants will be notified by February 20th.
- You must post/mail your Coraline box no later than Monday March 16.
SWAP AND BOX DETAILS:
- This swap is for a Coraline Mystery Box inspired by the 50 boxes sent to select bloggers. However, this swap will be for boxes on a smaller scale.
- You must fill your box with 2-3 Coraline inspired objects. At least 2 of the items must be handmade.
- Boxes should be sturdy, but not necessarily made of wood. Cigar or papier mache boxes are perfectly acceptable. Remember you are responsible for all shipping costs to send your box so keep that in mind when selecting your box.
- You must line the bottom of your box with red velvet (red velour is okay) and catalog the items you are sending with paper and pushpins. Refer to the original Coraline boxes here for examples.
- You must include an envelope with a letter inside the box to the recipient with a short description of its contents. Again refer to the original Coraline boxes.
- You must include two small black buttons in your box. These do not count as the 2-3 objects.
- You will be assigned a number between 1-50 for your box and your assigned number must be displayed on the outside of your box.
Please think long and hard about your availability to participate in the swap. If for any reason you don't think you'll be able to make the time to create and send a box within the time line listed above, PLEASE DON'T SIGN UP FOR THE SWAP. It's extremely disappointing and disheartening when people don't come through for a swap, especially when it takes so much time to organize and the majority of people play fair and stick to the rules. Please note that I can't be held responsible for people not sending their boxes and/or the contents.
So I think that's it. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll address it in this post.
Thanks everyone for all the interest!
Q: Are Livejournal accounts eligible, or just places like blogspot and typepad?
Q: In order to sign up, do we need to have a Typepad blog? I have a blog, but it's Blogger/Blogspot, and I really want to participate (got some great ideas for the project).
A: Blogger/Blogspot, Livejournal are eligible as long as you have an active blog.
Q: Are 2-D things okay? I do sculpt, and I'd definitely make a 3-d thing *too*, but I'd like to know that a drawing/painting would be cool as well...
A: 2-D objects such as drawings/paintings are fine as long as they are inspired by the movie and/or book and fit into your box.