Crafters love mushrooms don't they? I know I do, and I've been dying to try my hand at making one. So last night I came up with this little toadstool which measures about 1 1/2" tall.
Wanna make one too? It's easy-peasy and quick-as-a-breezy. Promise.
First of all here's pdf file (added: for some reason the pattern lines are really light in the pdf file but when you print it you should be able to see the lines okay) with the pattern pieces and abbreviated instructions. Okay, let's get started!
- red and white felt scraps
- scrap of sturdy cardboard
- red and white embroidery floss
- brown crochet thread or cord
- polyfill stuffing
- white acrylic paint
- hot glue gun
- paint brush or stick with a wide back tip
- ultra fine glitter (optional)
1) Transfer and cut out the pattern pieces from white and red felt and cardboard. You will need a large red felt circle, a small cardboard circle and a strip of white felt.
2) Making the stem: Tie a knot at the end of a length of white floss (I used red floss here for illustrative purposes only) and use a needle to string it through the bottom corner of one end of the white felt.