A lovely, lazy, rainy day spent baking cranberry bliss bars,
Browsing through the winter Cotton & Paint,
and dreaming about making these slippers.
An early dinner out for Japanese food, brings a three dollar pair of shoes my way.
Mock Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
Love this recipe so much. The brown sugar, white chocolate, lemon and tangy cranberries go together wonderfully and it tastes great chilled. I've never had an actual one from Starbucks, but whenever I make it everyone says it tastes authentic.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cups diced dried cranberries
6 ounces white chocolate, cut into chunks
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup diced dried cranberries
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Make the cake by beating the softened butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, powdered ginger, salt and beat well. Gradually mix in flour until smooth. Mix the 3/4 cup dried cranberries and white chocolate into the batter by hand. Pour batter into a well greased 9x13 inch baking pan and use a spatula to spread the batter evenly across the pan.
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cake is light brown on edges. Allow cake to cool.
4. Make the lemon frosting by combining the softened cream cheese, 3 cups of powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. When the cake has fully cooled, use a spatula to spread the frosting over the top of the cake. Then sprinkle the 1/4 cup of diced dried cranberries onto the frosting.
5. For the drizzled icing, whisk together 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and shortening. Drizzle the icing over the cranberries and lemon frosting in a sweeping motion or with a pastry bag.
6. Allow cake to sit for several hours and then cut into bars.